PMI SFBAC Homepage
Job Seeker Home
Web Program Manager / Scrum Master - Contract
Menlo Park, CA 94025 United States
Market rate - hourly on 1099 or W2
Our Client, a multibillion dollar software provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses is seeking a Web Program Manager / Scrum Master within their Channel Marketing PMO
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Duration: 9 months with possible extension
The contract Program Manager / Scrum Master will drive timely execution of multiple projects on a Web property working in partnership with marketing, design, engineering and development teams, support, IT and other organizations. The team operates in an Agile environment utilizing Scrum methodology. The person will serve as the scrum master and lead op mechs such as backlog grooming, sprint pre-planning, sprint planning, daily scrums, and retrospectives. The resource will also be a program manager, with activities such as providing portfolio metrics, such as burn down charts and utilization, communication, risks assessments, and resource planning. This position will operate within a PMO, where consistency and scalability of process is important.
Education, training, experience:
• BS/BA degree or equivalent industry experience required. PMP desired (but not required)
• 2-3 years experience in an Agile environment running Scrum methodology
• 4-5 years of program/project management experience in a web environment
• Ability to work cross functionally with Marketing, Design, Development, Quality, Analytics, and other disciplines.
• Strong understanding of software development life cycle and web technologies
• A can-do attitude and a willingness to dive in to get things done
• Ability to communicate objectives, plans, status and results clearly and effectively across multiple organizations
• Ability to work within a PMO, which has program management standards and procedures.
• Effective presenter, negotiator, collaborator - regardless of organizational structure or hierarchy
• Tolerant of a range of project types, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation
• Ability to switch easily between different projects and flexibility to handle a rapidly changing environment.
• Professional, team player with strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
• Well versed in a scrum tool – Rally preferred
• Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions