PMI SFBAC Homepage
Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
SR. TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER
San Francisco, CA 94118 United States
(Banking/Finance or a regulated environment background a must)
Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery of Information Services (IS) projects on-time, within scope and on-budget. Projects will include both infrastructure and/or application projects (ranging from system upgrades to brand new implementations) aligned with the Bank’s overall business strategy.
- Manages projects across Information Services department and/or other Bank departments in a balanced matrix environment.
- Defines project scope, goals, and deliverable that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Manages resources (both internally and externally), including demand, costs, fees, contracts, and work reviews, and coordinates vendor activities as part of cross-functional team.
- Estimates project costs and tracks overall project actual spend vs. budget on a monthly basis.
- Develops and organizes an efficient project team that identifies deliverable and milestones and successfully completes work as originally planned according to a full-scale project plan.
- Ensures the project team delivers the project requirements on time, within budget and at the level of quality originally envisioned by the project leadership team.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Identifies issues, risks, and project team conflicts and develop solutions for timely resolution.
- Provides project status reports to all stakeholders.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Manages related projects in a program management framework where individual projects would vary from moderate to high complexity, as needed.
- Responsible for ad hoc requests, as needed.
- Demonstrated experience with SDLC or other project-related methodology frameworks.
- Must demonstrate solid experience managing project installations with the following technologies: SQL, ETL, WebLogic, UNIX and Oracle.
- Demonstrated direct experience with workforce planning and resource management skills, including project estimation techniques.
- Must have prior experience leading multi/cross-functional projects in a balanced matrix environment.
- Must have prior experience managing a Request for Proposal.
- Ability to build relationships within a team, with peers, with senior management and with business partners.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Project and full knowledge/experience using Microsoft office suite.
- Able to adapt to changing environments and able to learn new concepts quickly.
Education, training, experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent work experience, required). Project management certification from PMI (PMP), or equivalent certification from an accredited program, strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in IT project management (financial industry a plus).
Terms & Conditions